Proactive Property Management
At Fraser & Co, we appreciate that all landlords are different. A certain proportion of landlords will always opt to manage their own properties, but for many it’s not practical to be on hand to deal with any unforeseen maintenance emergencies or oversee the necessary administration involved with a tenancy because they live overseas or lead busy lives.
Our dedicated and highly experienced Property Management department represents the interests of landlords throughout a tenancy and acts as the main point of contact for the tenant. We have considerable experience in managing all types of residential properties and our network of offices in Central London enables problems to be dealt with quickly and efficiently.
As a company, we manage close to 1,000 residential properties and, on average, 80% of our tenancies are renewed for a further term which demonstrates the quality of our service. Fraser & Co’s highly acclaimed and genuinely flexible property management service is tailored to the needs
of busy landlords of all types and normally includes:
• Ensuring the property complies with current legislation such as: organising a gas safety check to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer (with further checks carried out on an annual basis); ensuring that the electrical system and all appliances are safe; and ensuring that fire safety regulations are followed, i.e. making sure that escape routes aren’t blocked, fire alarms and extinguishers are provided (if the property is a ‘house in multiple occupation’) and furniture and furnishings are fire safe.
• Recommending any improvements that would increase the rental potential of the property. Fraser & Co can then organise and oversee anything from a minor repair, to a complete redecoration or full renovation, to suit your needs and budget
• Arranging the check-in inventory with a specialist inventory company at the start of the tenancy and the check-out report at the end of the tenancy and negotiating the return of the deposit accordingly
• Collecting the rent and chasing arrears
• Organising any essential repairs that may be required at specially negotiated rates. We use only approved contractors from our list of trusted tradesmen
• Conducting biannual property inspections in order to identify any potential problems before they escalate
• Advising utility companies and any other applicable third parties of correct liability and settling any bills or invoices accordingly
• Organising a professional clean (if required) Fraser & Co is a member of ARLA and, as such, adheres to its robust code of practice.
For further information and a full breakdown of our highly competitive fees, please contact Fraser & Co’s Property Management Department on 020 7723 5645.